Say the Second Thing
By Johnny W. Allem
BOOK SIGNING EVENT
Wednesday, July 25, 4:00 – 7p
8730 Santa Monica Blvd, B – West Hollywood, 90069
310 623 1702
“Say the Second Thing” furnishes proven, realistic and thoughtful “tools” to address daily situations people face in early addiction recovery (first three years). Each essay focuses on an effective strategy for maintaining and growing recovery in challenges to an individual’s mind, body and spirit. These tools can be learned and practiced methodically or indexed for specific challenges. They are “suggestions” conveyed in a contemporary voice of an experienced helper.
A leading recovery advocate in the modern era
- 2016 recipient of the William L. White Lifetime Achievement Award of Faces and Voices of Recovery.
- Featured in ANONYMOUS PEOPLE, Greg William’s 2015 film celebrating the vitality and importance of the addiction recovery movement and its power to change minds.
- Founder and President of Aquila Recovery Clinic, a cutting edge, outpatient addiction health facility in Washington, DC.
- A Founder and original Board Member of Faces and Voices of Recovery.
- Author in 2004 of “Seven Policies to Cure Addiction In Our Lifetime.”
- Trustee for 12 years of Stepping Stones Foundation, maintaining the home and messages of Bill and Lois Wilson in Bedford Hills, NY.
- Former President of Johnson Institute, featuring the pioneering work of Vernon Johnson, credited with “raising the bottom” for people entering recovery.
- Practicing recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction since March, 1982.